Massachusetts Gun Laws By and For Non-Lawyers
(How To Stay Legal and Out of Trouble)
A 6+ hour exploration of Massachusetts gun laws including time for your questions and answers.
[NOTE: This is NOT the same material you received in a Basic Firearms Class, it is much more comprehensive than that.]
Exposing the rumors and presenting the facts.
- The Lawful use of Lethal Force for Self Defense.
- Safe & Legal Storage, Carry, “Forbidden Places," and Transportation Legalities.
- Buying, Selling, transferring, Shipping, and Inheritance of firearms. FA-10 forms and filing issues.
- Understanding "Large Capacity" and "Assault Weapons" law. The real MGL, not the AG edict (see below for that).
- Discussion of "gray areas", case law, LE "thinking", etc.
- Non-Resident Visitor issues, Dual Residency, Ammo Storage. Loss of license, Restraining Orders, Bonded Warehouses.
- Boston Laws, Interstate Transportation, and lots more . . .
- Gun law Changes from August 2014 Law.
- Massachusetts Attorney General's re-definition of an Assault Weapon will be Discussed.
- $90.00 per person PRE-REGISTRATION is required, with a $20.00 minimum deposit (non-refundable) required to reserve a seat in the class at Mansfield Fish & Game Club. [NOTE: Off-site venues may be priced higher due to venue rental.] Please send Email to safety (dash) instructor (at) Comcast (dot) net to get information on Registering for this course. I will respond with an Email requesting the info I need for your invoice and Certificate and include info on where to send a check (ccs are Not accepted yet). Prepaid registration is required for this seminar unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. [If you want to sponsor this seminar at your local club/store for a fixed fee, send Email with particulars.]
- NOTE: This is NOT the same as the legal requirements to get a LTC/FID. It is material you need to know to avoid unknowingly violating state laws and perhaps losing your LTC or going to jail, how to claim inherited guns (including handguns that aren't MA compliant) without "losing" them due to the EOPS List and AG Regs, etc.!
- Upon Completion: You will receive the option of joining Mansfield F&G club with a $25.00 discount if you join within 90 days.